Hallandale Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a preventable truck accident in the Hallandale Beach area, contact the Hallandale Beach truck accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jared Spingarn today and talk to us about your case. We can help you seek maximum compensation following a truck accident.
Broken bones, a destroyed vehicle, lost time from your job, and even the loss of a loved one can all result from a truck accident on Florida roadways. Hallandale Beach’s moderate temperatures, great government, and good public transportation make it one of the best places to live in Florida.
Tractor-trailers deliver many of the goods on which residents of Hallandale Beach rely. While we all know how much we depend on these roadway behemoths, we also have seen the devastation that they can cause when involved in a serious accident, which perhaps contributes to mixed emotions regarding large commercial trucks.
We Work Hard for Our Clients and Remain Result Driven
Past results are not always an indicator of future potential when it comes to roadway accident settlement cases. However, you can use these results to gauge the level of commitment a law firm has to its clients. Remember, a firm with a history of success will likely build on that success and do everything possible to ensure your financial security following a truck accident.
In a recent year, our firm won more than $10 million in settlements for our clients. Every accident is different, and every victim is different. Settlements depend on numerous factors, including the severity of the injuries suffered, the age of the victim, and the potential for a full physical recovery. We have settled accident cases ranging from $900,000 to more than $1.25 million. We help clients recover compensation for the full cost of their accident while they focus on recovering from their physical and mental injuries.
Table of Contents
Individuals who sustain injuries in a vehicle accident may face mounting medical costs and a long road to recovery. When the accident involves a large commercial truck, however, the chances of sustaining a serious injury increase dramatically. The weight difference between a car and a truck is staggering; an empty car weighs in at a maximum of about 5,000 pounds, while an empty truck can weigh as much as 26,000 pounds—five times as heavy.
Imagine a truck traveling down State Road 858 at 60 miles per hour, and it collides with you in your passenger vehicle. Your car, SUV, or pickup truck does not stand a chance, which means you may suffer serious injuries in the collision.
In addition to serious property damage to your vehicle, you may also suffer:
- Whiplash – make no mistake about it, whiplash constitutes a serious injury, even if it sounds like no big deal. Individuals who sustain injuries in rear-end collisions frequently suffer whiplash. Neck pain that stems from whiplash often proves slow to heal. Some victims suffer further complications, including long-term neck pain and a limited range of motion.
- Broken Bones – the sound of two vehicles colliding would make any of us cringe. Drivers and passengers in cars that large trucks strike face a high risk of suffering a broken bone. When you combine speed and weight, the potential exists for serious broken bones, which could mean long recovery periods and surgeries to repair.
- Head and Back Injuries – when your body moves violently around the inside of a car, your seatbelt and airbags limit your amount of exposure. However, with that said, even these safety measures can and do leave victims with injuries, which can include traumatic brain injuries, ruptured or fractured vertebrae, and muscle or nerve damage.
Remember that crushing injuries frequently result when a truck overturns, burns because of hazardous cargo, or internal injuries from the force of the impact. Facial injuries can leave a victim scarred for life as well.
After suffering injuries in a preventable accident that you played no part in causing, you may feel tempted to blame the other driver. Florida law complicates matters, however, because it requires no-fault insurance for drivers.
Thus, before injured individuals may file a lawsuit, they must first demonstrate:
- You suffered an injury that doctors have classified as permanent – this can prove challenging since a back injury could result in life-long pain.
- You lost part of your bodily function permanently – if you wind up with internal injuries that impact your health forever, talk to your attorney to get an explanation of what this means and how it may affect your legal claim.
- You suffered scarring or disfigurement – airbags and car windows may cause injuries to your face, nose, or neck that may never heal completely due to the depth of the injury. These types of wounds may haunt you forever, such as every day when you look in the mirror and have a vivid reminder of the truck accident that caused the scars.
Establishing the at-fault parties in a commercial truck accident can prove complicated, because while all drivers must maintain control over their vehicles while operating on Hallandale Beach roadways, commercial truck drivers may owe drivers a different duty of care depending on the specific circumstances.
An accident may result from:
- Negligent hiring practices – hiring unqualified truck drivers, failing to provide adequate training for drivers, and failing to check whether a prospective driver has a poor driving record can all contribute to a truck accident. With truck driver shortages, employers may take shortcuts, and this puts everyone on the roadway at risk of injury.
- Other drivers on the roadway – a driver who ignores the significant blind spots in trucks could contribute to an auto accident with a commercial truck. These types of accidents frequently occur on two-lane highways when drivers feel rushed to pass a truck.
- Poor maintenance practices – vehicles must qualify as roadworthy, and if a maintenance company or the owner of a truck has failed to thoroughly inspect or repair a truck and, as a result, the driver is involved in an accident, that company could face partial liability due to its failure to maintain its truck.
- Dangerous design flaws – no one and nothing is perfect. Defective brakes, tires that explode, and connections that cause trailers to separate from the unit towing them may all result from a design flaw, which means a part manufacturer could bear liability for the accident.
- Truck loading companies or contractors – few things prove more terrifying than to see a truck swaying on the roadway. Unsafe loading can result in loads shifting inside the trailer of a truck, and the results can prove devastating to a victim of a tractor that tips over or experiences a serious load shift when climbing an incline.
As you can see, determining fault after a truck accident can prove complicated, and as a result, you must work with an experienced attorney to help determine fault in your accident.
While every accident and victim is different, there are some specific areas for which victims generally seek financial compensation when filing a claim following a truck accident. Some of these include:
- Medical bills – following a truck accident, you will likely face some out-of-pocket medical costs. These costs may include medication, medical treatment at the emergency room following the accident, and follow-up care. You should not have to bear these costs when someone else caused your injuries.
- Property loss – as we discussed earlier, the weight difference between a car and a truck is significant. The accident may have totaled your vehicle or at least required it to undergo significant repair. The parties responsible for the accident should bear the brunt of these costs.
- Income – not only may you qualify to recover wages you’ve lost while recovering from your injuries, but also if facing a long-term problem from an accident that affects your income, you may recover reduced earning capacity.
- Other losses – accident victims often face long-term emotional trauma as a result of an accident. Combine this with long-term physical pain, and everything can feel overwhelming. You may qualify to pursue a settlement that includes compensation for emotional trauma as well as pain and suffering.
An attorney can’t determine with certainty what damages you may qualify to pursue without first reviewing the specific circumstances surrounding your Hallandale Beach truck accident. However, you can count on the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn to make sure your claim for damages includes all potential sources of compensation.
No-fault insurance may sound like an ideal solution. After all, you do not have to worry about proving blame, you simply file your claim with your insurer, and it takes care of the rest. Do not count on this! Every insurance company has the same goal in mind—to pay as little as possible in claims. That fine print in your policy says the insurer will reimburse you for lost wages and reasonable medical costs. However, what the insurer deems reasonable may not come close to your actual out-of-pocket costs.
Insurance adjusters are specifically trained to do as much as possible to keep the final settlement offer to a minimum.
This means whether you ultimately file a claim with your own insurance company, or you pursue a settlement through the at-fault party’s insurer, you will likely run into some of the same tactics:
- Denying liability – the insurance company will likely tell you that because of Florida’s no-fault statutes, you can only file with your own insurer. This is not necessarily true, but the other driver’s insurer doesn’t expect you to know this.
- Your injury is old – the insurer may access your prior medical records and claim that the injury you suffered in an accident existed before the accident. Insurance companies frequently employ this strategy in cases that involve neck and back injuries. The insurance company may have obtained this information when it asked you to sign a release, which grants it authority to access all of your prior medical records. Never sign any documents before having them reviewed by your truck accident lawyer.
- Deflecting – the other party may claim that you caused the accident, and therefore, that party’s insurance company cannot face responsibility for your mounting medical bills, pain and suffering, and long-term consequences.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn knows well the tactics that responsible parties will use to minimize your claim or to deny it outright. However, the sooner you contact us following an accident, the better off you will be. Remember, insurance adjusters are not there to protect your interests; rather, they want to protect their own interests.
Trucking crashes in Hallandale Beach are horrifying accidents that can turn a person’s life upside down in an instant, impacting their ability to form relationships, work, and take care of themselves and their family.
However, if you have been a victim of this catastrophic accident because of another person’s wrongful actions, you should not have to be the one left picking up the pieces. Rather, you need legal help on your side, fighting for the damages and justice you deserve.
That is why, to get you started on this process, the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn has prepared responses to some of the frequently asked questions our clients often have after a trucking accident. We hope with this information, you have a better understanding of typical legal remedies and how our legal team could help you fight for the financial recovery you may be entitled to. Contact us today to discuss your legal options.
The Law Offices of Jared Spingarn—Who We Are?
Suffering an injury in an accident can be a devastating experience and, for many, a life-altering moment. For these reasons, attorney Jared Spingarn has dedicated his whole career to standing up for the rights of those individuals injured in an accident.
The Law Offices of Jared Spingarn are here to fight for you, protect your interests to the fullest extent of the law, and go after the maximum compensation you deserve. Due to this dedication and drive, the law firm has helped thousands of victims following their truck accident and obtained millions of dollars on their behalf through settlement awards and jury verdicts.
Best of all, once a client, you will not have to pay for our legal fees unless we win. This means we can evaluate your case for free and walk you through the whole legal process at no upfront cost or obligation to you.
1. How Do You Know If You Have a Valid Legal Claim Following a Hallandale Beach Truck Accident?
If you have been harmed in a Hallandale Beach trucking accident, one of the first things you may want to know is whether you can pursue legal action against the at-fault parties for the injuries and losses you endured. However, the answer to this question is not as straightforward as you may hope it to be. In truth, before you can answer this question, numerous factors need to be examined.
- Was the trucking accident the cause of your injuries?
- What was the extent of these injuries?
- Did you suffer significant damages and losses as a result of this accident?
- Do you still have time to bring a legal claim following this trucking accident?
- Is there any insurance available following this trucking accident?
Due to these unknowns, there is no standard response to this specific question. Instead, to find out if you have a valid injury claim after your truck crash, you should reach out to a Hallandale Beach truck accident lawyer, like those at the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn. These attorneys can review your accident, figure out if you have a viable case, and help you determine what legal options you can pursue.
2. Who Can You Hold Liable for a Hallandale Truck Accident?
Situations involving a truck accident tend to be more complicated than a passenger car accident, mainly because passenger car crashes are usually between two drivers, while a trucking collision can involve multiple parties.
For instance, in a Hallandale truck crash, you might hold the following individuals and entities liable:
- The liable truck driver
- The truck company
- The cargo owners and loaders
- The truck’s owner
- The manufacturers and retailers of the truck and its parts
- The mechanics that worked on the truck
- Third-party motorists that were involved in the crash
- Government agencies responsible for road design and maintenance
As a result, following a Hallandale trucking accident, it is in your best interest to work with a truck accident lawyer, such as those at the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn. These attorneys can perform an independent investigation into the accident, figure out who was at fault for the crash and hold all those liable for your injuries and losses accountable.
3. What Are the Main Causes for Trucking Accidents in Hallandale Beach?
Trucking accidents in Hallandale Beach can occur
- Distracted driving such as texting and driving
- Driving under the influence
- Excessive Speeding
- Dangerous intersections, including NE 8th Ave and Hallandale Beach Blvd or Hallandale Beach Boulevard and US-1 or NE 10th Avenue
- Poor road conditions such as the uneven pavement at NE 12th Ave
- Lack of experience
- Motorists not obeying traffic signs
- Poor judgment
- Bad weather, especially since the area is known for its destructive storms, heavy downpours, and gusty winds
Yet, these reasons are not the only causes that can lead to this horrifying accident. That is why, if you have been harmed in a Hallandale Beach trucking accident, you should reach out to a trucking accident attorney as soon as possible. These lawyers can figure out how your crash occurred, whether you have a viable claim, and the legal steps you need to take next.
4. What Types of Compensation Can You Pursue in a Hallandale Beach Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Economic Damages: These damages refer to the actual and verifiable losses the victim suffered after an accident.
- Past, current, and future medical bills related to doctor visits, emergency services, hospital stay, surgeries, and prescription medications
- Lost wages from not being able to work
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- At-home nursing care
- Replacement services such as child-care services or even grocery shopping services
- Rehabilitation therapy, including physical therapy and vocational therapy
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-Economic Damages: These damages refer to hard-to-quantify subjective losses.
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In addition, depending on the accident, punitive damages may also be available. However, unlike the other damages, which compensate the victim for their injuries and losses, punitive damages punish the defendant for their egregious actions and deter others from committing this act. Consequently, courts award these damages only awarded in limited circumstances, specifically when the victim’s lawyer proves with clear and convincing evidence that the defendant acted with intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
5. How Much Money Can You Recover for Your Injuries Following a Hallandale Beach Trucking Accident?
Although an experienced truck accident lawyer can tell you what types of compensation they can pursue in a truck accident case, they cannot tell you the exact amount of money you can get for your injuries. This is because there are just too many factors that could impact the value of this claim and, ultimately, the amount of money you can receive.
These factors include:
- The severity of the injuries resulting from the trucking accident
- The medical treatments required following the trucking accident and whether ongoing medical care will be needed
- The ability to recover from these injuries or whether the injuries are permanent
- The pain and suffering that resulted from the trucking accident
- The age of the victim
- The credibility of the witness testimony and evidence presented
- The ability to work following the accident
- The need for at-home assistance or care following the accident
- The ability to perform everyday activities following the accident
Even though no attorney will be able to guarantee you a specific amount of compensation following your Hallandale Beach trucking accident, when you work with a truck accident attorney, like those at the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn, these attorneys can go over each of these factors, determine how they impact your case, and make sure to prepare the strongest case in response to them—fighting for the maximum damages you deserve.
6. How Much Time Do You Have to Bring an Injury Claim Following a Hallandale Beach Truck Accident?
Each state has specific regulations relating to the amount of time an individual has to file a claim after an alleged offense. These regulations are called the statute of limitations, and if a person does not file their suit within that allotted time, they can be barred from pursuing compensation for the harm they sustained.
In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim following a Hallandale beach truck accident is four years from the accident date. However, depending on the circumstances of the case, there are exceptions to this rule that can shorten or extend this filing period. That is why, following your Hallandale Beach truck accident, you should speak with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn, our legal team can help you determine not only the maximum amount of time you have to file your case, but we can also help ensure that your case is prepared correctly and filed before time expires.
7. If Your Loved One Died in a Hallandale Beach Truck Accident, What Legal Options Do You Have?
If your loved one passed away in a Hallandale Beach truck accident, you may be able to bring a wrongful death suit. These lawsuits arise when an individual passes away from their injuries following an accident. As a result of this death, the deceased’s family members can pursue a wrongful death claim seeking financial compensation to help offset the losses they experienced from this death and seek justice for their loved one’s untimely passing.
However, in Florida, only certain family members can recover compensation from a wrongful death lawsuit.
These individuals include:
- The deceased’s surviving spouse
- The deceased’s surviving children
- The deceased surviving parents
- The deceased’s adoptive siblings or blood relatives. However, these individuals will only be able to collect compensation for their losses if they show they were dependent (partly or wholly) on the deceased for services or support.
Due to these legal complexities, if you lost a loved one in a Hallandale Beach truck crash, you should contact a truck accident attorney right away. These lawyers can help you figure out if you are eligible to file a wrongful death claim and assist you in pursuing the damages you need.
8. Why Do You Need to Reach out to the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn Following Your Hallandale Beach Truck Accident?
At the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn, we have handled numerous devastating truck accident claims. As a result, we understand how difficult these accidents can be on you not only physically but mentally. That is why we want to help you get through this horrifying ordeal and get you the justice you deserve.
We could do this by:
- Answering all the questions and concerns you have.
- Evaluating your case and determining the legal route you should pursue.
- Investigating your truck accident and securing the evidence needed to prove fault and damages.
- Obtaining expert witnesses such as accident reconstructionists to substantiate your claim.
- Tackling all the negotiations with the other side and the insurance company, making sure you receive a just settlement.
- Proceeding to trial, if needed, and fighting for the successful resolution of your case.
If you or a family member has been harmed in a Hallandale Beach truck accident, it is time to act and secure the legal help you need. Contact the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn today for a free case evaluation, and let us show you how we can fight for you and the compensation you need.
You can’t work, your income has vanished due to your injuries, and you can’t make ends meet. The last thing you likely want to think about is paying for legal services. However, you shouldn’t stress out over the cost of retaining a Hallandale Beach truck accident attorney. At the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn, we do not collect any legal fees unless we successfully obtain a settlement on your behalf.
We start with a free consultation, during which we will review your case and let you know your legal options. While you face no obligation to retain our firm at that point, should you make that decision, you will pay your legal fees after your case and only if we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or if you lost a loved one in a Hallandale Beach truck accident, don’t wait to call us. Don’t miss the deadline for filing a lawsuit. Contact the Law Offices of Jared Spingarn today at (866) HIRE-JARED, and let us help you get on the right path to financial recovery.
“What a great team. Took care of my accident case and got me a very great settlement. Thank you so much to the team for their great efforts and always being transparent with all the information they provided. Highly recommend they will take care of you like family.”
2500 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd., #808
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009